Job Opening Title: Remote Events Crew Member/Robotics Director, WFSU-TV The Florida Channel
Job ID: 55521
Posted Date: 2023-08-02
Close Date: Open until filled
Job Family: MEDIA
Department: WFSU Florida Channel
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU’s Equal Opportunity Statement can be accessed at:
The Florida Channel – located in Tallahassee, FL – produces 24/7, year-round coverage of all three branches of state government. Programming includes gavel-to-gavel coverage of a wide variety of state proceedings, along with a wide variety of documentary and public affairs programs and segments covering issues of interest and importance to all Floridians. The programming is delivered statewide by satellite and is also available on the Internet. https://thefloridachannel.org/
Job Opening Responsibilities
Serves as remote events crew member, responsible for equipment set-up, camera operation and equipment break-down for the purpose of televising coverage of various state government meetings around the state. Administrative responsibilities/tasks include but are not limited to timely submission of: travel paperwork/documentation, travel and purchasing card receipts, etc.
Serves as robotics camera director: responsible for operation of robotic cameras, switching appropriate shots for air, coordinating with MCR/feeds and maintaining a professional on-air look during those productions; In addition, also serves in various daily production roles, each requiring proactivity and limited supervision, such as but not limited to: audio operator, floor director and teleprompter operator which are necessary to meet organizational needs. In studio duties also include: studio camera operation, set changeover, studio microphone use, studio lighting operations, and other equipment for various productions. Additional responsibilities include knowledge and operation of various equipment required to perform each task; other duties as assigned.
Capitol Complex interoffice responsibilities involve various utility production roles. Each requires proactivity with limited supervision. These roles serve as, and may include but are not limited to, teleprompter operator and camera operator for various productions. Team member is responsible for communicating with Supervisor regularly about training needs, if any, coordinating with respective trainer(s) and giving status updates on tasks. Additional responsibilities will include knowledge and operation of various equipment required to perform each task, which may include (but are not limited to) intercom controls, router switching panels, computer-driven prompting interfaces, etc.; regular input of metadata, operation of TFC’s web distribution; and other duties related to The Florida Channel’s introduction of a tapeless environment. Other duties as assigned.
Associate degree in a related area and two years of appropriate experience or vocational/technical training with two years of appropriate experience.(Note: Or vocational/technical training with two years of appropriate experience.)
- Able to work a set assigned schedule M-F year-round as well as be flexible as required – hours will vary depending on department needs and may include weekends & evenings and travel as required.
- A valid Florida or Georgia driver’s license or the ability to obtain upon hire.
- demonstrated knowledge, and experience operating and setting up/breaking down related equipment and software used for field and studio production; including cameras, switchers, lights, microphones, audio equipment, computer-assisted graphics technologies/software, and related equipment.
- Ability to multitask, troubleshoot and carry out assignments with limited supervision.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position to include, but not be limited to, sitting and/or standing for extended periods, bending, reaching, dexterity, lifting up to 75 lbs., etc.